22 Jul Delicious Lemonade to Cool you down this Summer
Posted at 20:27h
Nothing completes a day full of fun in the sun like a deliciously refreshing lemonade. Although this mouthwatering recipe come with a twist they are just as easy-breezy so there’s plenty of time to sit back and relax with family and friends.
Strawberry Pink Lemonade from Julie of the Little Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 cups water, divided
- 10 lemons, washed and cut in half
- 2-3 strawberries, washed and halved
- 4-5 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 4 cups ice
- Add sugar and 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Stir and reduce heat. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a juicer, juice 10 lemons. Makes about 1 1/4 cups of lemon juice. Using the juicer, “juice” the strawberries into the lemon juice. If needed, strain the lemon & strawberry juice into a large drink container. Add sugar water mixture (from above), 4 cups of cold water and ice. Mix with a large spatula or chopstick.
- Cut up 4 to 5 of the lemon rinds and add along with the sliced strawberries for garnishing. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with ice and pink straws.