- Declutter before reorganizing
- Go through all of the holiday decorations that might not have been used and consider giving it away to lighten your storage load.
- Organize by category and not by room
- Start by going from room to room and finding objects based on a category such as toys and once all of the toys have been collected begin to organize the space where your children play. By doing this you avoid having to backtrack and reorganize a previously organized room because you find objects in different areas of the house that are stored there.
- Clean out your fridge and pantry
- You might find that over the holidays you accumulate a lot of leftovers that keep being pushed further towards the back of the fridge. Do a thorough sweep of the fridge and pantry and get rid of items that may have expired.
- Donate unused items
- After the holidays your home might feel a little crowded from all of the gifts received from loved ones. This is the perfect opportunity to go through items that you no longer use or need to help declutter. It can especially be true for your children after they have received more age-appropriate toys and they might want to donate toys that they have outgrown.
Happy Thanksgiving wishes! It’s that time of year again when we are called to count our blessings, and our neighbors here at HighPoint are certainly one of them! Being surrounded by such a great community is the reason we thrive. Thank you so much for