01 Jul Celebrate 4th of July with these delicious s’more cupcakes
Posted at 12:43h
There’s no denying that S’mores are one of the best parts about Summer while enjoying the great outdoors. What if we told you that you could enjoy all the things you love about s’mores, such as the buttery graham crackers, melty chocolate, and toasted marshmallow all in the shape of a cupcake! It’s the best of both worlds!!
This delicious recipe yields approximately 24 cupcakes and along with prep time can be baked and ready in under an hour! Here’s what you will need:
- 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 20 full-sheet graham crackers)
- 12 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- Devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 24 marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcakes by combining the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Press about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cupcake liner to make mini crusts.
- Prepare the cake mix according to box instructions and divide the batter between the liners.
- Bake them for a couple minutes less than the box instructs, about 16 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make a quick ganache by placing the chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set it aside. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, while whisking constantly until smooth.
- When the cupcakes are almost done baking, pull them out and spoon about a tablespoon of ganache onto each cupcake, then top each with a marshmallow. (If it feels unwieldy, place the marshmallow on its side.) Return trays to oven and bake, watching closely, until the marshmallows are golden and soft, for approximately 4 to 5 minutes more.