15 Aug The Power of Social Media
Tweet it. Post it. Instagram it.
Crowned the king of communication, there’s no denying that social media is thriving worldwide. And while you may be thinking that millennials — not your donors — are the only ones obsessed with social media, think again:
- According to Pew Internet Research, 29% of internet users with college degrees use Twitter.
- YouTube reaches more 18- to 34-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- According to Pew Internet Research, Facebook is the most widely used social media platform by Americans who are online. Facebook constitutes 79% of American internet users, Instagram constitutes 32% of users, Pinterest 31%, and LinkedIn and Twitter constitute 29% and 24% respectively.
- 76% of Facebook users visited the site daily last year with over 1.6 billion daily visitors.
- 51% of Instagram users engage with the platform daily.
The time is now to embrace social media to effectively communicate with your donors. Even if you have been using social media to spread your message and generate donations, there are always new and unique ways to further tap into its power.
My roommate Issa is the queen of Twitter, Instagram and Snap Chat. She posts and tweets daily, especially about all the wonderful amenities we have here at HighPoint Town Square.