- 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 20 full-sheet graham crackers)
- 12 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- Devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 24 marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcakes by combining the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Press about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cupcake liner to make mini crusts.
- Prepare the cake mix according to box instructions and divide the batter between the liners.
- Bake them for a couple minutes less than the box instructs, about 16 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make a quick ganache by placing the chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set it aside. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, while whisking constantly until smooth.
- When the cupcakes are almost done baking, pull them out and spoon about a tablespoon of ganache onto each cupcake, then top each with a marshmallow. (If it feels unwieldy, place the marshmallow on its side.) Return trays to oven and bake, watching closely, until the marshmallows are golden and soft, for approximately 4 to 5 minutes more.